I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have been called to serve in the Sacramento California Mission! This is my blog where you can follow my adventures for the next 18 months (January, 2013-June, 2014)
Did you know that Sacramento was the original place of the California Gold Rush? I'm so excited! See ya'll in 18 months, I'm going for spiritual Gold!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sacramento - Week 11

Due to the new security measures requested by the Mission leaders, the names of all investigators and people that Sarah comes into contact with will be replaced with the name of a well-known character from a children’s movie. This will keep the identities of people safe as well as make it easier to keep everyone straight. The name given is in NO WAY intended to reflect the personality, looks, or circumstances of the individual(s).

“And the babes shall be their leaders…”
Tuesday April 9, 2013


I'M TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!
My new planner for the transfer
My cartoon 
Yep, that's right. Sister Burchett with 11 weeks of missionary work under her belt and just barely out of training herself will be staying in Green Valley and training a brand new missionary. I am completely excited and completely and utterly terrified all at the same time. The biggest bummer is that I have to move out of the Doolittle’s. Sister Doolittle has to go out of town a lot this next transfer and so instead of us having to move out all the time, we are swapping houses with the Elders in Silva Valley
It's going to be weird because all of us will be living out of our areas and out of our zones and commuting to our areas. Plus, I have to give my room, my dog, and my mission parents to some smelly boys. Still, I know there is a plan in all of this and I am determined to be happy even though my heart is breaking. 
Sister Loli is opening to new areas, and training, and riding a bike. Lucky girl! That's a lot of work but she will be awesome. Sister Hale is going to Folsom to be with Sister Flemming, who came out the same time we did. 
My room done up for my Birthday
I move and pick up my trainee at the mission office tomorrow. She should be at the Salt Lake airport right about now! 
Mirror message for my Birthday from Sister Loli
On to the next big thing! Thanks for my birthday package! I am wearing my t-shirt right now. My birthday was so amazing. President and Sister Skywalker called and sang me happy birthday, the Doolittle’s made me a cake and gave me cards, Sister Loli heart attacked my desk and she and sister Hale gave me a card, a friend bought me flowers and a card, the missionaries all went out to lunch between conference sessions for my birthday and all in all it was an awesome way to celebrate two decades of life. (The grammar in this paragraph is terrible. Please, ignore it.) 
Side Note: Lisa Isaacson! I was making my new planner and guess who I saw in the May 2011 Ensign on page 41? Riley Cooney! I cracked up.
My redneck Birthday Card from Brother Doolittle
We got permission from President Skywalker to go out of zone and go shopping last week. It was great and I got some cute summer stuff from Ross. If you come across anymore of those apt. 9 t-shirts that I have two black ones of in any colors I'd love some more because I wear them all the time! 
My card, I love it!


After shopping, Sister Raphael took us out for Indian food. I just love Indian food. I could go for some more chicken tikka masala right now...
We had a miracle this week! We needed to visit one more recent convert/less active to meet our goal for the day. We had exhausted all of our back ups and had no idea who else to try. We pulled over on the side of the road to go through the area book when Sister Loli said, "Oh my goodness! Look whose house we are at right now!" We had pulled up right outside of Cinderella's house. She is a very less active who the sisters have been trying to see for over 6 months. She is never home! So, we took it for a sign and jumped out of the car and practically ran to the door. She was home! We set up a return appointment for this week and reminded her about conference. What a miracle! When we are doing our best to accomplish our goals, God will provide a way! 
We also got to go visit the Lions. She is a single mom with two sons, age 19 and age 13. The 13 year old, Simba, is in a wheelchair. We went and met with them and encouraged them to come back to church. Several of the deacons came and met Simba and talked to him about scouts. Then we sent the Zone Leaders over to talk to the older brother, Mufasa, about coming to the YSA ward. They had a great visit too and we hope to get them back into activity. 
In other mundane news, if you could order me some more contacts that would be great. I have like 2 pairs left which is supposed to last me 2 months but better safe than sorry.
Also, I think I need to buy a bike because President Skywalker just sent out an email saying he wanted missionaries to spend at least 1 day a week biking, but I have to double check with the APs because I don't know if that is possible with our area....I will let you know. 

Conference was amazing! I just loved it. So many great talks that I look forward to re-reading again in the conference issue. 
I think that is about it for this week. I am so completely scatterbrained because all I can think about is this brand new missionary who I am responsible for and how much I hope she loves Green Valley as much as I do. 
I know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His restored church. We are part of a great missionary effort to prepare Heavenly Father's children to meet their Savior at His second coming. How great is our calling! We just have to be brave enough to have enough faith to take a step out of the darkness and into the light. The gospel makes bad men good and good men better. I know that is true! 

I love y'all! Have a wonderful week!


Me and my awesome
District Leader, Elder Morley



The Elders and Sisters from the
 El Dorado zone were at the temple!

Us and the Elders and Sisters from the El Dorado zone

No comments:

Post a Comment