I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have been called to serve in the Sacramento California Mission! This is my blog where you can follow my adventures for the next 18 months (January, 2013-June, 2014)
Did you know that Sacramento was the original place of the California Gold Rush? I'm so excited! See ya'll in 18 months, I'm going for spiritual Gold!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sacramento - Week 68

Due to the new security measures requested by the Mission leaders, the names of all investigators and people that Sarah comes into contact with will be replaced with the name of a well-known character from a children’s movie. This will keep the identities of people safe as well as make it easier to keep everyone straight. The name given is in NO WAY intended to reflect the personality, looks, or circumstances of the individual(s).

COUNTDOWN: 24 DAYS


“And then my mind went blank…”
May 12, 2014

Hello!
It was so good to talk to all of you yesterday. For those of you who weren't involved in the video chat, I apologize. There just isn't a video chat website that can get ALL of the people I adore together in one place. I look forward to the Celestial Kingdom when we CAN all be together! 
I feel like I really have nothing to say, hence the title of my email. So, I'll just share a few thoughts I had in sacrament meeting yesterday. Both sacrament meetings talked a lot about families and our homes and how important they are to our spiritual growth and development. One speaker was quoting a general authority who said, "The home is the greatest laboratory of love." 

I loved that! 
All the basic skills of human life we learn in our homes. We learn to feed ourselves, to brush our teeth, get dressed, walk, run, climb, laugh, cry. Even more importantly, our homes and our families are where we learn the basic skills of our spiritual divine natures. We learn to forgive, to work, to teach, to listen, and to love. Heavenly Father was so inspired to place us here in families. What would we do without each other?! 
I'm so grateful for a home that was a laboratory of love. We are far from perfect, but there has never been any doubt that we love each other. 
Our families are extended in the gospel. We have a ward family that can help us through all the hard times of life. We take the things we have learned in our homes and apply them on a larger scale within our ward. And it just keeps going! Stakes, Missions, Areas, Regions, until we are all united as the Church of Jesus Christ and then as brothers and sisters, children of the Almighty God. Isn't it just amazing?! 
The purpose of this life is to learn to love the way our Heavenly Father and our Savior love. As we learn that, all the other attributes we have been sent here to develop fall into place. It all comes down to love. 
Life is beautiful and good! Enjoy every minute of it! Have a wonderful week! Smile on your face and song in your heart! 
Love, 
Sister Burchett


No comments:

Post a Comment