I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have been called to serve in the Sacramento California Mission! This is my blog where you can follow my adventures for the next 18 months (January, 2013-June, 2014)
Did you know that Sacramento was the original place of the California Gold Rush? I'm so excited! See ya'll in 18 months, I'm going for spiritual Gold!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sacramento - Week 38

Due to the new security measures requested by the Mission leaders, the names of all investigators and people that Sarah comes into contact with will be replaced with the name of a well-known character from a children’s movie. This will keep the identities of people safe as well as make it easier to keep everyone straight. The name given is in NO WAY intended to reflect the personality, looks, or circumstances of the individual(s).



“Missionary Fun!”
October 14, 2013

Well gang, another week has flown by. 
I'd like to say it was a remarkably eventful week, but my companion was sick all week. So really it wasn't. 
BUT I did get to study a lot while she was passed out dying and I read part of Jesus the Christ which I had not had any time to read while on my mission. (Side note, I have no idea how people come home from their missions and say "I read Jesus the Christ 8 times and the Book of Mormon 6 and all the standard works!" I spend so much time studying for my investigators that I don't get to study for me, and that's SO ok with me, but it was nice to just read for awhile and ponder.) 
So since there isn't much actual work to report on this week, I will report on our newest missionary tool from Church Headquarters. It's a booklet called, "Adjusting to Missionary Life". It's a resource with answers to every possible personal problem you can ever have on your mission. The theme of the entire booklet: LEARN TO HAVE FUN AND YOU'LL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! I love it so much and can quote it already. 
One of my favorite quotes from the booklet is:
"God has a perfect plan for His imperfect children."
It's so true! Anytime we get frustrated or down or feel lost we just have to remember that God is there, that He is the master planner and that even when we have no idea what is going on, He does. 
We got to teach the gospel doctrine class yesterday all about....MISSIONARY WORK! It was awesome. And the Stake Sunday School President just happened to be there. He loved it too and he took some of our material back to the stake. I love seeing members get excited about missionary work and being able to help them grow. It helps me grow too. The things that I used to be afraid of don't scare me anymore, and part of that is because I know if I'm going to ask others to do it, I better be doing it myself. If there's one thing I've learned in the past 9 months, it's that God always keeps His promises. He does open our mouths. He does inspire us. He does send angels to bear us up. He is Almighty God and He loves us perfectly. And with a perfect somebody like that on your side, it's impossible to fail. 
I love you all and hope you have the most wonderful week! 

Sister Burchett


No comments:

Post a Comment